How you can help your artist get you what you want!
Asking for Custom work can be very off putting. Many people don't know even where to start. So we made this simple guide to help you get what you need to help your artist get you the tattoo you want!
- A main issue is not many people know how to go about getting what they want, or how to explain what they are looking for well enough for a tattooist to do their best.
- This is a guide for you, so you can find and provide your artist with what they need to create the tattoo you are looking for!
- There are lots of factors involved in getting custom tattooing right. I could write pages and pages on the whats and hows and just confuse you. So for simplicities sake I have broken it down into three main steps.
- The three Main things you need to have an idea of are : What? Where? and Cost?
- Seems fairly straight forward, but I couldn’t count the amount of times people have asked for “ something different?” or “ anything you think!” with a blank expression.
- The Best best way to find what you want, as with all things, is to look. Do research, look at art and artists to find what you like.
- You can use images from any source. Books, magazines, your own drawings, anywhere.
- A great tool for hunting down images is the internet. Try “google: images” Just type a description of what you are looking for and it should provide you with plenty of images to choose from. ( tip: try looking for your image with and without the word tattoo in the description.)
- One of the best tools for searching for reference material is social networking sites. Try looking to see if the subject/images you are looking for have their own Facebook page or # (hashtag) searches on Instagram, Tumblr or Flickr.
- Turn fanboys and enthusiasts into your own research team.. Use the Internet to get as much help and exposure to new ideas along the themes you already have.. Spending more time exposing yourself to as many different sources as you can at the start will help you (and your artists) in the end. TAKE YOUR TIME!
- Also it is important to remember, at this time you are only looking for the Ideas. Basic images and styles of tattoos you like, NOT your finished tattoo. You might like the shape of a dragons head, or the colour of a butterflies wings. it’s just reference material for your artist, to show them what you like.
- When you have pulled together “what” you should move on to the next step “ where”
- Give a thought to the area of you body you want your Tattoo on. A well done Tattoo, badly placed, will always look wrong.
- Also certain parts of the body don't take ink well and others you just should not get tattooed. Your artist will be able to help you in this matter.
- Don't get too hung up on the idea of "exactly here". Your artist will help you get the best tattoo you can from them. So listen to them.
- They not only cost in money they cost in time!
- Try to give your artist a rough idea of what you are willing to spend on your tattoo, both in time and money!
- Most studios charge on an hourly basis. We charge £80 per hour with special half day rate (3x hours £200) and Full day rate (5x hours £300)
- For larger work.. back pieces, full sleeves, etc. Try and have an idea of a monthly budget, in both time and money, so you can get what you want.
- Remember : Some work can take a LONG time to complete!
- Time is one of the most important factors in getting good tattoos.
- The more time you spend researching the images and styles. Looking for the right artist to do it, and giving the artist enough time complete it. The Better your tattoos will be.
- If you are just looking or a basic price on a simple tattoo idea try our on-line price calculator by selecting COST from the main bar.
- You've now got to the point where you have the researched and pulled together the images and ideas you want, had a good think about where on your body you want your new art to be and what tattoo artist you want to carry it out.
- Now you have to make a booking for a consultation with the artist so they can have a good talk about what you want and get it drawn for you.
- You can start this by filling in the consultation form bellow. This will get your artist the information and images they need.
- After the form there is an option to request a consultation booking time on-line. You can use this or you can call the studio if that is easier for you: 0333 772 20 28
- Please note : Your Tattoo consultation might be suitable to be done by our web or phone based consultation service, we will advise you this at once we have gotten your details and ideas ( N.B. not all tattoos are suitable for this ).
Booking a consultation.
The best way to do this is sending us a consultation form and use our on-line booking request service.
Sorry but we are updating our server and our consultation form is down please try agin later.